Skip to main content

I woke up and my Sonos said it was not able to see(Bluetooth) my system(speakers Sonos one) and I’ve not gotten it back. I’ve :

1. reinstalled Sonos app
  2. factory reset my Sonos one speakers 
  3. reset my router                                                And I still can’t get my speakers paired with the app
  4. help me

What did Sonos Support say, when you called directly to discuss it?

Likely a factory reset certainly didn’t help anything. But as far as I know, the Sonos One has no Bluetooth capability, either, as it was developed before Sonos started adding Bluetooth to later speakers. 

Have you tried wiring at least one speaker to your router with an Ethernet cable, at least temporarily?

Yes and it still did not pick up. So, the Sonos One , I would think it has Bluetooth bc a) it controlled by your iPhone (it might be over the network) and 😎 they tell you to put the phone closer to the speaker. I could definitely be wrong 

Ah, I think we’re conflating Bluetooth Low Energy, which carries small data like network identifiers, and Bluetooth, which carries much larger data like music. The Sonos One is supposed to have BLE for setup purposes, but not Bluetooth, for music purposes. 

But connecting a Sonos One over a Ethernet cable to your router would avoid any potential problems with BLE. 

As it isn’t working properly for your situation, I’d recommend that call. 

Ok thanks