Answered

Losing Speakers

• 24 November 2022
  • 2 replies

Every time I go to play something, I get a different configuration on my Sonos app…speakers that were paired get unhitched, disappear entirely or (my favorite) cannot be seen by the Sonos app even while my wife’s phone is playing on them through Sonos.  To be fair, the tv speakers seem to work fairly well…only the sub-woofer cuts out every now and then.  

This is way beyond frustrating.  About every 2-3 months, I decide that I have too much money sunk in hardware to give up and I go around turning everything off and back on.  I suspect that there is something about software updates that trashes local data, but all I get out of the “tech support” is that I can reboot.  Thanks, geniuses.

Has anyone had any better luck?  

icon

Best answer by jgatie 24 November 2022, 19:32

View original

2 replies

After rebooting both your router and the Sonos devices, go into your router setup and reserve an IP address for each Sonos device.  See router manual for instructions .

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Every time I go to play something, I get a different configuration on my Sonos app…speakers that were paired get unhitched, disappear entirely or (my favorite) cannot be seen by the Sonos app even while my wife’s phone is playing on them through Sonos.  To be fair, the tv speakers seem to work fairly well…only the sub-woofer cuts out every now and then.  

This is way beyond frustrating.  About every 2-3 months, I decide that I have too much money sunk in hardware to give up and I go around turning everything off and back on.  I suspect that there is something about software updates that trashes local data, but all I get out of the “tech support” is that I can reboot.  Thanks, geniuses.

Has anyone had any better luck?  

This is a surprisingly common complaint, and is usually easily fixed. As @jgatie says above, reboot your router and then (when it’s fully restarted and wifi is established) restart your speakers. Then reserve ip addresses for the speakers.