Skip to main content
Answered

Logged out of my system

I have one playbar, and 02 of each play1, play3 and play5.  All products first generations except for palybar3.  not one speaker is connecting.  I ve probably made things worse by rebooting all speakers to factory settings.  any advice?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you performed a factory reset of all the speakers, you need to redo the setup process for each speaker in the Sonos S1 app. Do NOT use the Sonos S2 app because your Play:5 (Gen 1) isn’t compatible. If I were you, I would reboot your router before you begin the setup process.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Yep, the dreaded “Factory Reset” dumps all your setup info, playlists, streaming services and more, plus it rarely solves an issue other than a temporary fix that could have been had by a simple reboot with no loss of all your setup work.

I’d do as suggested above and follow the new install instructions to get your Sonos system back in operation. Then I’d add setting static/reserved IP addresses in your router’s DHCP page followed by powering down the Sonos, rebooting the router and powering the Sonos back up. Simple to do and it avoids a class of difficult to find problems.