Skip to main content
Question

Latest SONOS update broke my systems ability to stream my music librabry.

• 16 May 2024
  • 9 replies

The latest SONOS updates removed my local music library and now I get Error code 913 when I attempt to add it back. 

The worst thing thing is that I am trying to update my music library using exactly the same C: drive location that was working just a month before.

**** SONOS Support ****

I love the SONOS hardware that you build. I find the sounds quality excellent.  I also feel I’ve paid a premium for the SONOS devices that I have purchased over the years.

What makes me want to consider selling all of my SONOS devices is...your software updates. More often than not, the SONOS software updates seem to break existing functionality.  I really struggle to understand why the SONOS team continues to release software updates that break existing functionality.  Do you not understand what Q&A Testing means?? 

I now have to wait until June to get this functionality, that I’ve always had, back. This issue was caused by a mistake by the SONOS team.  What’s the SONOS teams plan on compensating existing SONOS product owners for this mistake??

Sonos hardware details:

3 * SONOS Play 1

Sonos App details:

Windows 10

Version: 16.2

SONOS OS: S2

Thank you

A very disappointed SONOS product owner.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

9 replies

Check this thread for a possible solution. 

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE UPDATES GIVE ERROR 913

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Same problem here

Also doesn’t recognize extrenal drive that had been working fine before update

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

It’s coming back next month, from this.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Same here, but thanks to PaulRB371 and HelpingIsKind I fixed it in 2 minutes. Here’s how:

1. I have a PC. Not a Mac.
  2. Find a music folder that you want to “share” with SONOS (i.e. navigate to the folder on the PC).
  3. Right click on the folder
  4. Select “Properties” from menu
  5. Select “Sharing” tab
  6. Click “Share...” button (opens “Network Access” window)
  7. Select your SONOS system from the pulldown menu in the center of the window.
  8. Click “Share” button at the bottom of the “Network Access” window 
  9. It took SONOS 10 minutes to add my library of 10K+ songs

…. and I am the next victim having lost all my music after updating to the new Sonos iOS APP and after some hours of trying to fix the issue I went nowhere beyond 913 Errors. I cannot understand how in 2024 it is possible to screw up an APP update so unbelievably.  The silence of the Sonos organization on how to deal with the problem is beyond comprehension. I am calling out to Sonos to immediately rollback the APP to the recent version…...

Scrubbrush, did you have to add an account user to Windows called “SONOS Wireless HiFi System” in order for it to pulldown in the sharing window?

I have followed all of these recommendations but to no avail. I still get the same 913 error message when I try to add my music library. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +2

The latest SONOS updates removed my local music library and now I get Error code 913 when I attempt to add it back. 

The worst thing thing is that I am trying to update my music library using exactly the same C: drive location that was working just a month before.

**** SONOS Support ****

I love the SONOS hardware that you build. I find the sounds quality excellent.  I also feel I’ve paid a premium for the SONOS devices that I have purchased over the years.

What makes me want to consider selling all of my SONOS devices is...your software updates. More often than not, the SONOS software updates seem to break existing functionality.  I really struggle to understand why the SONOS team continues to release software updates that break existing functionality.  Do you not understand what Q&A Testing means?? 

I now have to wait until June to get this functionality, that I’ve always had, back. This issue was caused by a mistake by the SONOS team.  What’s the SONOS teams plan on compensating existing SONOS product owners for this mistake??

Sonos hardware details:

3 * SONOS Play 1

Sonos App details:

Windows 10

Version: 16.2

SONOS OS: S2

Thank you

A very disappointed SONOS product owner.

It is unbelievable how this happened in the first place and how it is virtually impossible to get any support from Sonos on this. I can’t believe that a company has this little regard for customers.