Answered

iphone video sound doesnt play anymore?!?

• 14 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Ok so I used to be able to play anything on my

phone over the Sonos system which was great because I produce and mix music and sometimes I want to throw it on to hear a mix for reference. Sometimes I’ll make a video of a performance with my camera roll and I want to hear the audio and I would throw it on the Sonos system…

lately nothing plays that isn’t “Pandora or iTunes “ etc… I can’t play the audio from a video anymore? I can’t believe they would just turn that ability off?! What am I paying all this money to have these speakers if they don’t play everything I want to play through them? It’s ridiculous… I see people talking about airplay and I am not seeing anything on my phone showing the Sonos… I see screen mirroring and up where the air play is I can select the Move but then no sound from the camera roll… I’m kind of angry about this and I dunno if I’m missing something so I hope I’m wrong here before I got out and bash these guys on social media lol anyone know what’s up?? 

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 15 April 2024, 01:50

View original

1 reply

Apple turned off the ‘play using your iOS device’ except for AirPlay 2 back in 2019. Android did the same thing more recently. 

Not all apps in the iOS world have incorporated AirPlay 2, but I think if I were in your shoes, I would call Sonos Support directly to discuss it, just in case. I have found, over the years, that occasionally, I have to reboot my iOS device (iPhone or iPad, or Apple TV) most often, much more rarely I’ve needed to reboot my router or the Sonos device itself. Although recently, it takes several minutes (usually 20 or 30) after a Sonos software update for the speaker to show up in my AirPlay 2 list on my iOS device. 

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.