Answered

installing 5 sonos play 1 speakers

• 21 February 2024
  • 3 replies

I have 5 Sonos play 1 speakers, each installed for a different room in the house using the Sonos app. Initially, I connected each speaker to the modem with a cable and after introducing all the speakers, ensuring their functionality and sound playback, and assigning them to their respective rooms, I switched them to Wi-Fi mode and connected them to the network. Each of them works correctly. However, the issue is that I can't see all of them simultaneously in the Sonos app. When all the speakers are connected to power, only one of them is active in the app, and I can use it. If I unplug it, another speaker designated for a different room becomes active, but the rest remain inactive. I suspect the problem lies in the way I set them up because I had only one network cable. As a result, I installed each of them separately in the app and couldn't figure out if all of them are active when connected with the cable or not. However, I know that each of them works when connected with either the cable or Wi-Fi individually.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 21 February 2024, 20:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It sounds like you have created multiple systems. Try factory resetting one of them. Power down all but one of them. Check you can see the existing installed one, operating on wifi. Then power up the reset one, connecting with the Ethernet cable. Go through the add speaker routine, adding it to your existing system. If that works, check it’s ok on wifi. If so, factory reset another and install it in the same way. Repeat until all are connected. 

Thank you nik9669a, I tried your procedure and now my sonos system works fine! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thank you nik9669a, I tried your procedure and now my sonos system works fine! 

I’m glad to hear that - it’s always good to get the feedback when advice is offered, thanks. 

Now stop reading this, choose some music, crank up the volume, and enjoy!