Answered

Incorrectly coded tracks

• 30 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I have recently found some tracks on my PC can't be played on my Sonos system. The error “incorrectly coded" is the reason for skipping the tracks.  These skipped tracks play fine on Windows media player and were taken off CDs mainly using the same process and setup as all the ones which play fine.

icon

Best answer by AndyAquila 7 November 2023, 18:11

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

This is often a network related issue - Sonos software to too stupid to correctly report the problem.

Try playing the same track twice or three times - if it plays OK, then it can’t be the encoding.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @AndyAquila 

Thanks for your post!

This is indeed likely to be an issue with transmitting the tracks to your speakers successfully. I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

I have solved this problem with the help of the Sonos team.  My tracks were stored in One Drive and some were loaded locally whilst others were only stored in the cloud.  When I downloaded all the tracks to the local PC all was well.  I guess this could apply to other similar issues where the track is not stored locally.