Answered

Ikea Symfonisk Bookshelf

• 15 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Avid Contributor I
  • 104 replies

Hi everyone…my first post here,so i might have not seach on this topic as i probobly should😇.

Anyway….as headline say it’s bout bookshelf speaker from Ikea. I’m a little confused bout the gen 1 & 2.

Outside the volumebutton have relocated. So i’m asking: on gen 1…..are the volumebuttons next to eachother or is that on gen 2. I’m asking cause i see mostly gen 1 with the play/pause between volumbottons are more common to see up for sale on the used market,but seller ad that “the one i sell is a gen 2” and use pic from Ikea’s website with the gen 1 on it. 
Is there a different when it comes to Airplay on the gen 1 & 2?

Thanx

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 15 August 2023, 09:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

For Airplay is does not matter if you use different speakers. They even can be set up as a stereo pair in the Sonos app, which can be difficult with new vs older generation speakers:

https://en.community.sonos.com/speakers-228992/symfonisk-bookshelf-gen-1-gen-2-6877698#:~:text=I%20have%20a%20Symfonisk%20bookshelf,be%20able%20to%20pair%20them%3F&text=Welcome%20to%20the%20Sonos%20Community,of%20the%20Bookshelf%20speaker%20together.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thanx for the reply…. The worries i had was like is there Airplay1 in the 1.gen and Airplay 2 in gen.2…..and does that matter? And internals cpu got an upgrade in gen 2,and does that gives me as a listener a better sound?

Right now i got two of the bookshelf pair as Stereo on my “bow-and-arrow”-era Panasonic 42” Plastma. Plan is to get a “bar” and try set up a home-cinema in my livingroom downstairs and use these bookshelfs as surround. I will purcase the Ikea Bookshelf stands as well. And i’m thinking of add a couple of bookshelfs in the bedrooms.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Play / pause is in the middle on a Gen1.