Answered

I CANT FIND ANY SPEAKERS

• 31 December 2022
  • 7 replies

Hi,

I have had Sonos for about 5-6 years and I have never had more than 6 months where it have been operating without problems. 

After I updated to the Sonos2 app in seemed to be good. I think it was the only 6 months streak I have had where it actually worked properly.

I have: 

• Playbar
  • 2x Sonos One
  • Sonos Move

I have learned to live with the app only finding one or two of the speakers every time or that I have to ask my wife to put on some music because “I can’t connect to Sonos now”. This is not 1-2 times per week. This is everyday. Always.

But now it’s gotten so bad that I can’t connect to any speaker anymore. Me or my wife. My wife has completely given up on the whole system and just plays from her computer or from the TV.

I have done everything 50 times. I follow the instructions and i sends me in loops.

I have reset all the products to fabric settings, deleted the app, rebooted the phone, reinstalled the app and tried to setup the speakers. 

The setup is OK, but when I am finished the speakers dont show in the ‘system’ and it asks me to ‘fix the problem’ again and I am back in the same loop.

I am an engineer and somewhat technical savvy so please take this serious and don’t ask me to unplug the device please.

I CANT FIND ANY SPEAKERS AND I HAVE GIVEN YOU AROUND £1500. 

I have never bought anything that have given me the frustrations I have got fom Sonos. And that housr spent on trying to fix the same stuff over and over and over…..

Plaese just contact me.

icon

Best answer by nik9669a 31 December 2022, 19:38

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Isn’t it the definition of a fool as someone who repeatedly does the same thing expecting a different result?

Numerous threads here have had the same complaint. Usually, fixing it follows the same process.
Power down all speakers and router. Reboot router and wait till it and wifi are fully started. Set a fixed channel for the wifi. Reboot Sonos devices one at a time, wired devices first, Playbar before surrounds. Then allocate fixed ip addresses to Sonos devices. It worked for me when I read this solution 4+ years ago. 

When I initially setup my system I had multiple difficult to describe issues, some similar to yours. After I figured out the above, the issues resolved and stayed resolved -- that was in 2005.

Another common problem is caused by adding a second router without disabling the original. If the phone/pad/computer(s) running the controller App signed on to the wrong router, the controller will not be able to communicate with the SONOS system. If this is your situation I recommend disabling WiFi on the original router or giving it a different set of credentials -- credentials that are unknown to the phone/pad/computer(s).

I am obviously a fool, yes.

I hope you two get paid by Sonos given the time you’re spending in here (or else i’m not the only fool here).

Thanks for the answers anyway, I haven’t allocated fixed IP addresses to my Sonos devices so I’ll try that.

Didn’t think Sonos products only were for geeks and software engineers :D :D

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I am obviously a fool, yes.

I hope you two get paid by Sonos given the time you’re spending in here (or else i’m not the only fool here).

No, I’m not paid by Sonos (or anyone else) for the contributions I make on these forums. I got help and advice when I needed it, and am trying to re-pay the favour. 

I won’t ask that you reboot anything, but I will point out that it may require several days before address reservations will have any positive effect if you don’t reboot prior to making the reservations. Be patient.

Thanks, nik and buzz. I appreciate your help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks, nik and buzz. I appreciate your help.

No problem. Has it resolved the issues, or do you need more advice?