Answered

how to unplug from the unit itself (not from outlet)

• 16 January 2023
  • 3 replies

I’d like to temporarily unplug the cord from the Sonos One Gen 2. Because that end of the cord is narrower, I’d like to use that end to feed though a cord hider. But when I set it up, I think it must have snapped into place. Am I able to un-snap that connection without harming the speaker? I’ll add this: it does not come easily unplugged by wiggling and gently pulling.  

icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 16 January 2023, 02:25

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Grit your teeth, squint a bit and give it a straight and steady pull it should unplug.

A tiny touch of DRY silicone lube on the OUTSIDE of the connector will get it nack in easier as well as out if you need to do it again.

I’ve had to use a pair of pliers before, to get a good enough ‘pull’. I did protect the rubber coating with a cloth, but my fingers weren’t getting the job done. Since it’s extremely rare for me to have to pull that plug, I didn’t worry about it. 

Thank you gentlemen!