Answered

How to setup Sonos systems for use in AirBnb and shop?

• 9 May 2023
  • 6 replies

*Problem 1*

So shop. It just disappeared so I have reset the Sonos system. I have put my email in. Then I try and add system. The Sonos comes up. It is a Sonos 1. 2 buttons on top (on/off & volume). I click connect. It then does the tuning. 

At the end it says about connecting it to what I assume is the internet. It asks for a password. I put the Internet password in and it fails and says use an Ethernet cable. 

*Problem 2 - AirBnB*

We have 4 systems. I have connected one to my Sonos system. One is connected to a guests as they obviously must have done it first. One I haven’t tried and one which won’t connect at all but will on Bluetooth. 

How do I set this up? And then, once set up, how do people easily use this when they use the house. Baring in mind we could have 8 different sets of guest in a given month. 

icon

Best answer by 106rallye 9 May 2023, 21:48

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Problem 1

What’s an “internet password”? What happens if you would connect the speaker with a cable?

Problem 2

I’d put the Sonos devices on a separate network and supply a device to command them. Install the app. Log out after set up, so people cannot make any changes to the system.

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into using a cheap tablet for controlling the guest Sonos systems. 

Regarding Problem 1. I mean the password to allow the Sonos connectivity to the Wireless network. 

Thanks for your suggestion. I will look into using a cheap tablet for controlling the guest Sonos systems. 

Regarding Problem 1. I mean the password to allow the Sonos connectivity to the Wireless network. 

Hello Spooter. 
did it work? 

Also, keep in mind that music services can limit the number of simultaneous users of the account.

A complication could be a renter demanding to be able to use their own music service account.

Buzz, why would that be an issue if they use their own account? Thank You 

When they move out their custom account must be removed or the next tenant(s) will have access to the service.