Answered

How to connect Sonos Era 100 to Fluance RT81+ Turntable?

• 21 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I recently ordered my brand new RT81+ turntable from Fluance but I still haven’t the slightest clue as to how I will be able to connect it to my Sonos Era 100 via line-in. Yes, it comes with a built-in preamp and RCA cables, but how would I be able to connect those to my Sonos even with a USB-C adapter? I am very confused, do I need to buy an additional aux cable or not, please help me understand!

icon

Best answer by buzz 22 September 2023, 11:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Ah, got it, thank you. Very helpful. 

Bought one on the Sonos website, and may have accidentally finally caved in and used my 30% upgrade button to drop an ERA 300 into my basket at the same time...

Generic USB-C adapters are generally analog output devices. The SONOS device accepts analog input.

Hi all,

Came with a similar question about a different Turntable - the Pro-Ject Phono SB, also with a pre-amp.

Is there a reason why a generic USB-C to 3.5mm minijack adaptor won’t work? Surely that connector is just a passive connection and doesn’t do anything to the signal? 

My ERA 100 won’t recognise that line-in is connected at present. 

Very frustrating!

You will need the Sonos Line-In Adapter and a stereo RCA to stereo 3.5 mm cable.   The RCA’s go to the turntable, the 3.5 mm mini to the adapter and the USB-C on the adapter to the back of Sonos.  

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Basics-Adapter-Subwoofer-Gold-Plated/dp/B01D5H8JW0/ref=sr_1_1_ffob_sspa?crid=3UCVT5IP64V7&keywords=rca+to+3.5mm&qid=1695307592&sprefix=rca+%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

You need the USB adapter from SONOS. Generic USB adapters are not appropriate.