Answered

How to connect Sonos Era 100 to Fluance RT81+ Turntable?

• 21 September 2023
  • 5 replies

I recently ordered my brand new RT81+ turntable from Fluance but I still haven’t the slightest clue as to how I will be able to connect it to my Sonos Era 100 via line-in. Yes, it comes with a built-in preamp and RCA cables, but how would I be able to connect those to my Sonos even with a USB-C adapter? I am very confused, do I need to buy an additional aux cable or not, please help me understand!

icon

Best answer by buzz 22 September 2023, 11:01

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

You need the USB adapter from SONOS. Generic USB adapters are not appropriate.

You will need the Sonos Line-In Adapter and a stereo RCA to stereo 3.5 mm cable.   The RCA’s go to the turntable, the 3.5 mm mini to the adapter and the USB-C on the adapter to the back of Sonos.  

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-line-in-adapter

https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Basics-Adapter-Subwoofer-Gold-Plated/dp/B01D5H8JW0/ref=sr_1_1_ffob_sspa?crid=3UCVT5IP64V7&keywords=rca+to+3.5mm&qid=1695307592&sprefix=rca+%2Caps%2C81&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

Hi all,

Came with a similar question about a different Turntable - the Pro-Ject Phono SB, also with a pre-amp.

Is there a reason why a generic USB-C to 3.5mm minijack adaptor won’t work? Surely that connector is just a passive connection and doesn’t do anything to the signal? 

My ERA 100 won’t recognise that line-in is connected at present. 

Very frustrating!

Generic USB-C adapters are generally analog output devices. The SONOS device accepts analog input.

Ah, got it, thank you. Very helpful. 

Bought one on the Sonos website, and may have accidentally finally caved in and used my 30% upgrade button to drop an ERA 300 into my basket at the same time...