Answered

How to connect Old Play 1 to new wifi network with S1 Android App

• 10 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hope someone can help. I have an old Play one in my bedroom I use for sleep music at night. Worked fine for years. I have just installed a new router and hence new Wifi network in the house and of course now the Speaker is no longer recognised on the network. How do I get this back please as all the options for network settings I can see in the App seem to be greyed out? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by jgatie 10 March 2023, 14:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/connect-sonos-to-a-new-router-or-wi-fi-network

Userlevel 2
Badge

thanks for the reply.. I saw this earlier. I think the options it refers to are greyed out. do I need to unplug the sonos from the mains first? and/or hardwire it temporarily to the new router for it to be discovered and obtain any network settings it needs? Thank you

Userlevel 2
Badge

the new network option I needed is under troubleshooting in the S1 App for anyone who find this. ended up having to hardwire the speaker temporarily to the network in my case but got there in the end. Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

On S1 you need to connect via cable as otherwise the Speaker has no connection at all to the network.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

You could also have set the new network to the old router's credentials (SSID and password). Than the system probably would not have noticed any change…..

If you only own a Play 1, why have you not made the upgrade to S2?