Skip to main content
Question

Help to set up Sonos One Release 2 Speaker

• 7 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I'm seeking your assistance, PLEASE 

I purchased my Sonos One Release 2 Speaker approximately 5 years ago from Amazon, due to building a new house the speaker has been in storage for 2 years.

I am now trying to get the speaker working (without the aid of instructions) and have got as far as having the green light flashing. 

I have downloaded the Sonos App onto my Apple phone (i didn’t have this when I first initiated the speaker years ago & not sure if it's required now?)

When using the App (close to the speaker - with the home Ethernet connected) I'm following the instructions ...... Add speaker or component - preparing for update - Continue Update -  Updating your product. This should take several minutes - This is as far as I get  - after hours the download never gets more than 1/3rd completed ??????

Are you please able to advise what I am doing wrong and forward the installation instructions for the Sonos One Gen 2 

Many Thanks Kind Regards David Wyatt 

*Moderator Note: Removed phone number for privacy

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Connect the problem Sonos to Ethernet and let it boot up.

Submit a diagnostic and note the number.

Contact Sonos support (phone is best but waits can be long) and ask them to push a firmware update to the speaker. Sometimes older firmware won’t pull a newer update properly.

Thanks Stanley for your support 

However sorry to sound dumb but please advise the process

1. To boot up
  2. to obtain a diagnosis 

Question: the speaker was originally connected (and worked fine) with my previous Wifi router … Is there something in the software that needs to be removed associated with the previous Wifi and connect to my new Wifi?

Is there a process to delete the original s/w and restore with new s/w version?

apologies in IT illiterate 

Regards David