Answered

Help setting up a completely wired system through router

• 28 April 2023
  • 5 replies

For our 2nd restaurant, per many recommendations for stability, we’ve run CAT6 to all our SONOS one-SL speakers from our Cisco router/switch. We’ve connected our 2 amps to the Cisco router/switch and passive speaker wire to our Sonance ceiling and outdoor pairs.

AND, we can’t get the SONOS app to recognize the system.

Any help would be so much appreciated!

9 SONOS ONE-SLs

1 SONOS AMP---pair of Sonance Ceiling Speakers

1 SONOS AMP---pair of Sonance Outdoor Speakers

icon

Best answer by buzz 29 April 2023, 07:20

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Is the phone or computer on the same network as the speakers? This is not a real company network where devices cannot see eachother?

Also, this Cisco switch….is it managed, or unmanaged?

The phone is on a Cisco WiFi that goes through the switch. The Cisco switch is a managed switch. 

Anything that is plugged into the switch will be on the managed network, as it is downstream from the Router -> Switch 

Here are some considerations.

We’re checking this out. I appreciate your help and will let you know what the people who are managing my network come up with but I do think this is valuable information for us. Wondering why, in all my searches, I/we didn’t find this.