Answered

Google Wi-Fi and Sonos Era 100 doesn’t work. Streaming music keep cutting off.

• 13 February 2024
  • 1 reply

I currently utilize a Google Wifi mesh network with three hardwired nodes strategically placed throughout my house. Working remotely with my wife, the Wi-Fi coverage in our home has been consistently reliable without any previous internet-related issues.

Recently, I acquired a set of Sonos Era 100 speakers and configured them in Stereo mode within my living room. However, I've encountered poor Airplay quality. The music streaming keeps cutting off and sometimes just one of the speakers works.

I'm reaching out because I have confidence in Sonos products, and I'm curious if there might be a compatibility issue between Google Wifi and Sonos Airplay for music streaming.

Prior to seeking assistance here, I exhaustively explored potential issues with my Wi-Fi network, including placing both speakers in close proximity to the Wi-Fi access point. I can confirm that the Wi-Fi connection throughout the house is impeccable, boasting a robust signal strength. Additionally, I use an iPhone 15 with the latest Sonos app.

Before considering a return to Sonos, do you have any recommendations or insights that might help resolve this issue? Your assistance is appreciated. Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Corry P 14 February 2024, 10:10

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @tecu81 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - the diagnostic data from the system will be instrumental in finding out where things are going wrong.

I hope this helps.