glitchy

• 10 February 2024
  • 8 replies

I have at least 12 sonos products and when they work it’s lovely, but really they are so glitchy it’s really annoying, I presume you’ve used the industry standard of premeditated obsolescence  well you’ve lost me in future.

8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Try using fixed ip addresses for your devices; it’s stabilised the system of many users here. If you’re not sure how, give us your router make and model and someone may be able to say how you do it. 

I’m not aware of any industry standard for premeditated obsolescence. Can you share this information?

You might also share what makes you say your Sonos products are ‘glitchy’. I’ve been using mine for at least ten years, and have had only network issues affect them, which were relatively easily solved. Perhaps this community you’ve posted in can help your system get back to ‘normal’.

I’m no expert on tech and I don’t expect to have to be on plug and play devices like these, we have a pub and that’s why I got them for multi rooms, sometimes all is fine and as Sonos say they hardly use any broadband width, which is evident if I turn the WiFi off the system still works for a minute or so, listen to me I’m not really interested in tech jargon about this and that, all I wanted for say £3500 was a simple system that works, and it does most of the time, but increasingly it is glitchy, which annoys me, I’ve got better things to do.

I’m not aware of any industry standard for premeditated obsolescence. Can you share this information?

You might also share what makes you say your Sonos products are ‘glitchy’. I’ve been using mine for at least ten years, and have had only network issues affect them, which were relatively easily solved. Perhaps this community you’ve posted in can help your system get back to ‘normal’.

Look it up it’s in everything you buy, you might also like duty cycle!

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I’m no expert on tech and I don’t expect to have to be on plug and play devices like these, we have a pub and that’s why I got them for multi rooms, sometimes all is fine and as Sonos say they hardly use any broadband width, which is evident if I turn the WiFi off the system still works for a minute or so, listen to me I’m not really interested in tech jargon about this and that, all I wanted for say £3500 was a simple system that works, and it does most of the time, but increasingly it is glitchy, which annoys me, I’ve got better things to do.

You’re using a domestic product in a commercial environment? Lots of companies warn of problems and invalidated warranties for that. 

I think that if I was considering a £3500 investment I’d do a bit more research first. 

Each to their own though. 

Amazing advice, do you work for Sonos, so if I buy a car your suggestion is I should have bought a commercial bus.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Amazing advice, do you work for Sonos, so if I buy a car your suggestion is I should have bought a commercial bus.

I’m glad you like the advice, thank you. 

No I don’t work for Sonos; nor do I get any payment or reward from them. Sonos staff are identified on these forums. 

The problem is not the quality of the product, it’s the constant re-sets and speakers dropping in and out when there is not even many other devices on the network, most of the products are now maybe 10 years old, I was offered a 30% discount some time ago to replace the whole thing, I would not have bothered buying Sonos if I’d known that. I understand the products move on but I believe they are deliberately making the older products obsolete, so there !