Skip to main content

I have a customer who has a sub that only produces audio when she streams music. It produces nothing when she turns her TV on to watch a show or movie. The sub is connected to a beam. I walked her through factory reseting to to bring it back into her system fresh but the sub will not reset. Instead of going to a green light for pairing after the reset it continues to blink white. Does anyone know what the issue might be?

It initially sounds like the Sub did not correctly factory reset - a flashing white status LED may mean that the Sonos product is booting up after being plugged into power. The status light will also flash white while it’s waiting to connect to the network.

I’m not sure there was a need to factory reset the device, but now you’ve started to do that, maybe ask the customer to try the factory reset process once again and refer them to the Sonos Support link to ensure the actual reset steps are carried out correctly… 

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/reset-your-sonos-product

It may even be worth trying to reset the Sub, whilst it’s temporarily wired directly to the LAN.

If the problem persists of course, then it maybe a Sub hardware issue (faulty memory module etc.)  in which case it maybe best for the customer to perhaps speak direct with Sonos Customer Care Staff via this LINK and see if they can help them to resolve the matter.