Skip to main content

Hardware update this morning. Some but not all EQ related settings changed as far as I can tell. Nothing for the Ace.

Anybody have ideas what's addressed this time?

[Moved from a duplicate thread]

There is a new firmware update (Settings - Manage - System Updates - Check for Updates).

Speakers now showing as version 16.4.2 (build 81.1-58074), hardware version 1.28.1.6-2.2.

It also triggered an update to the Mac controller.

All installed without issue. No idea what the update has introduced, so any changes anyone spots, post them here! 

Moderator edit: moved from similar thread

Hardware update this morning. Some but not all EQ related settings changed as far as I can tell. Nothing for the Ace.

Just posted the same, on a new thread. Sorry, was typing when you posted yours...

There is also an Android update for the Sonos app. Release notes below:

80.10.06 (Android)

Release date: 15/10/2024

In this update:

• Improved queue management including ability to delete and reorder on Android
  • Music library indexing and reliability improvements1
  • Improved TalkBack functionality in Settings on Android
  • The ability to schedule System Updates on Android

1 Requires latest player update - 81.1-58074 (or higher)

Just posted the same, on a new thread. Sorry, was typing when you posted yours...

I noticed that my sub gen 2 didn't show any firmware version at first  but overall no additional update needed. My process took 2 passes to hit all 9 speakers. After open and close the app, sub now shows updated 16.4.2

I had a first time lucky update across the board! Opened a can to celebrate.

I can confirm that the Music Library Compilations issue has been resolved with Firmware Update 16.4.2.
Ross.

I can confirm that the Music Library Compilations issue has been resolved with Firmware Update 16.4.2.
Ross.

That info warrants reporting to the masses that apparently have that issue. Although I don't see how that's a hardware (vs software) issue.

That info warrants reporting to the masses that apparently have that issue. Although I don't see how that's a hardware (vs software) issue.

It’s a hardware issue because the index is stored on the hardware, not in the app.  The app actually has very little system data, the vast majority of data; account info, music service info, the local library index, alarms, system data, etc. are all on the hardware. 

When are we going to get Airplay to control Sonos Dolby Atmos playback from the  Music app (not the Sonos app).  Thought that was coming once iOS 18 was released.

Library still a mess. 

I removed mine and rescanned. 

artist albums featuring other artists still listed as separate artists. This should just be the album artist field that is indexed  

similar for albums, if there is a featured artists then they appear on a second version of the album  

if sonos support are reading this  I’m happy to be a tester if you need do someone with a properly indexed and tagged library.  seems like you need to be indexing the album artists field and not the artists field  

Indexing not fixed for me either... 😫

The compilation issue still exists for me. Strangely the first compilation looks correct, but all others are still showing up as duplicates.

Just updated firmware.  The compilations are fixed.  Very cool.  I’ll look more carefully, but no weirdness seen yet.

iOS updated without issue. Although balance control for Amp still doesn’t work. However, I reported that  glitch prior to the app refresh and Sonos is aware of the issue.

Android on the other hand still will not move to the version mentioned by @Rhonny. However, Android is not my primary OS and currently I have no critical issues with Sonos on my Samsung Galaxy Tab. I tried updating via the Google Play Store and via Sonos website…no joy. Maybe the Android update is being pushed out in waves?