Answered

ERA100 stereo pair set up problems

• 21 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a new pair ERA100, set up as a stereo pair with a sub-mini, and have the following two problems:-

No 1: Playing music in more than one zone, the pair sometimes drop out of the group unexpectedly. They can be added back immediately and without any problem (issues like this in the distant past have been “networky”, and the missing zone had lost its connection to the Sonos network and would not add back without some hassle).

Could this be related to a keyboard shortcut that drops a zone from a group? I am not sure, but it seems to happen when I am typing on the keyboard of the Windows computer with the S2 client.I am not in the Sonos software when typing and this cause/effect may be my imagination.

No 2: Whether grouped with other zones, or playing on their own the right speaker sometimes goes dead. It is still showing up as a device in the software settings, but unplugging the mains seems to be the only way to make it pair back up. It ha#e only happened with one of the pair.

ERA100 can’t be ethernet wired so can’t test to see if this is the problem.

No 2 above makes me wonder if there is a manufacturing defect. Thess are only a few days old and both problems have been present from the start.

icon

Best answer by Corry P 25 August 2023, 11:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 7

If you remove the Sub Mini from the stereo pair, does it make a difference?

You can also try separating the stereo pair and removing the Sub Mini. Then unplug both speakers from power for a couple of minutes and swap the speakers (left speaker is now the right speaker, right speaker is now the left speaker). Then create a stereo pair and add the Sub Mini again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Adauce 

Thanks for your post!

I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports - my assumption is that there is interference somewhere, and the team will help identify where.

You may want to give our Reducing wireless interference page a read first, however - it may save you a phone call. Pay particular attention to the left speaker of the pair and the router when considering interference.

I hope this helps.