Skip to main content
Question

Era100

• 24 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I have brought a SONO Speaker, and tried to connect it with my Macbook, but the details and speaker is from my neighbour who has the same speaker and uses the same wifi.

Is it possible to have 2 speakers on the same WIFI? if so how can i create own account on my laptop

Also when i tried to register on the mobile app it keeps coming up with error 1.105

can’t find device

Thanks 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

If you’re using the same wifi each speaker needs to be set up as a “room” on the network. But, as I understand it, anyone with wifi access to the network can control either speaker - volume, what’s playing etc - which I don’t think you want! 

I suggest that you have your neighbor power down all of his SONOS units. Then Factory Reset your unit and setup as a new system. Note that the Factory reset will erase all music service registrations and SONOS playlists, if any. Now, you and your neighbor can share the same WiFi with independent systems. 

From time to time I expect that your systems will attempt to draw your attention to the ‘other’ system. Just don’t go there.