Skip to main content
Question

era 300 wall mounts

I need to swivel and I have followed the instructions, trying to loosen the lock collar. But the lock collar is stuck on both my era 300s wall mounts. Is there anything I can to to make sure there is nothing wrong with both(!) wall mounts?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

15 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

I recall seeing posts about that earlier, don’t recall the answer.

Do call Sonos Support before you force them and break something.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks, yeah I figure I better do that. My guess is that they are stuck from bein in storage for a really long time.

Userlevel 1
Badge

I just had a chat lasting one hour where the chat could not receive a video larger than 5MB and I sent the video twice by replying to email requested by the chat agent.

Finally I shrunk the video to below 5MB and got it sent in the chat.

Then I got this reply:

“Wow. That's some really hard squeeze but still unable to loosen. “

After that my chat ended with the agent not bein able to solve anything and telling me to call instead.

This far it has been a 0 out of 10 experience.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Moving forward… Just talked with the phone support. Sent the same video again and the agent escalated it to the expert team. Weird that it could not be escalated by the chat-agent.

I have 4 of these wall mounts installed at work and they work just fine, but these two that I got in a “duo” package are both really stuck.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Had another call now after my video has been investigated and it seems like my wall mounts was faulty. Hopefully this will work out now and I hope I will not have the sam problem with the ERA 100 wall mounts that I have ordered that will arrive later this week 🙄

I have the same problem. Collar won't budge. Did this get acknowledged as a fault wall mount? I assume I should reach out to Sonos for replacement?

Thanks for the update.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Yes I got a replacement yesterday. I just tried one of the new wall mounts and it has the same problem. I will try to apply some more force later today. I have a strong suspicion that my duo packs are both from the same batch.

Just for the hell of it I just tried the second new one as well and it is also stuck or just very very very hard to rotate.

Userlevel 1
Badge

This did not work either, I guess next step is to get some leverage. I am just too weak to turn that collar by hand. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

That didn't work, it slipped out of the grip of that insufficient workbench. I guess I will have to contact the support again and go through the replacement process again.

Dang. Yeah it seems like a bad batch? I’m worried about sending mine back too only for the same problems. I beat the heck out of my hands and wrists trying to get that thing to turn.

appreciate the follow up. 

not sure where to go from here.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Strap wrench set. Amazing grip and let you really apply force with no damage.

Something like this, look for ones that won’t apply spot pressure from the wrench body.

even pressure

https://www.amazon.com/BOA-BOAALI-Aluminium-Strap-Wrench/dp/B00096JDK8/ref=sr_1_26

too much spot pressure

https://www.amazon.com/LIBRATON-Wrench-Adjustable-Plumbing-Layered/dp/B0CB8QVSS9/ref=sxin_14_pa_sp_search_thematic_sspa?th=1

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks Stanley, I should get one of those 🙂

But that collar is supposed to be turned with one hand when the wall mount is on the wall and it is obvious that it is not working as it should.

Still I ordered a pair and with some luck they will solve my problem.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Those strap wrences didn´t work out for me, I applied as much force as I felt was safe but still that collar didn´t budge.

Time to get in touch with the support again.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

If you couldn’t budge it with them then it is truly messed up.

I find a lot of other uses for the strap wrenches, my sink faucets see them often as I loosen the valve covers to remove build-up and then snug them back down. Beats busted knuckles or scratched faucets.

Badge

Just got my set of 300 mounts in the mail. Same problem. Will not budge. Has anyone had any luck getting this resolved?