Answered

Era 300 wall mount and placement

I am thinking about replacing my 2 One SL surround speakers with 2 Era 300 wall mounts.

I have an Arc, Sub (gen3) and the 2 One SL surrounds currently.

However the 2 One SLs are mounted 1 foot under the ceiling and angled down behind my seating to point at my seat, which may be too close for the Atmos of the Era 300 to work correctly.   

Any suggestions on how much space from the ceiling I should have?    I am planning to use the wall mounts sold as accessories.  

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 March 2023, 17:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

10 replies

Edit: looks like the Era 300 was announced by Sonos this morning.

it may still be early to know all the details, but will be reading all the data. 

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/era-300

Since the Era 300 doesn’t yet exist, it’s not yet been announced by Sonos, nor have all of  its specifications been leaked, none of us would know how to appropriately answer your question. 

Bruce, it was officially announced 2 hours ago.  

I believe I read on the product range that the Era 300 is recommended at least 2 feet below the ceiling.  

Great. What did you get from the data on that web page? 

Yep, it’s listed on the FAQ on the sales page:

Where should I place Era 300?

For optimal sound quality, Era 300 should be placed indoors and have approximately two feet of overhead clearance. Placement in an enclosed space such as a bookshelf is not recommended as this could impact dispersion and playback clarity.

If you prefer to save surface space, you can use the custom designed Sonos Era 300 Wall Mount or Sonos Era 300 Stand. These accessories are also great options if you are using a pair as rear speakers for home theater surround sound.

Userlevel 3
Badge +1

Oooh I’m also curious about this. I have my ones wall mounted at ear level which worked well, but they’re six feet away from the back of the couch, and I’m wondering if that’s too far for atmos to work well. 

Yep, it’s listed on the FAQ on the sales page:

Where should I place Era 300?

For optimal sound quality, Era 300 should be placed indoors and have approximately two feet of overhead clearance. Placement in an enclosed space such as a bookshelf is not recommended as this could impact dispersion and playback clarity.

If you prefer to save surface space, you can use the custom designed Sonos Era 300 Wall Mount or Sonos Era 300 Stand. These accessories are also great options if you are using a pair as rear speakers for home theater surround sound.

Looks to me like the stands will also function as a coat rack when the speakers are not in use.

Thanks for your finding this in the FAQ.    So when I re-mount I will lower from 1 to 2 feet.   Anticipating how this is going to sound with Atmos firing from both front and rear. 

Just read on the Faqs about the 300 Era on the sonos site that for best sound quality, Flip the Era upside down. I hope the new mounts support that.

Wall mount instructions included in product pdf for Era 300

https://www.sonos.com/en-us/guides/era300#to-era-300-wall-mount