Skip to main content

Some weeks ago, my Sonos 300 stereo pair stopped working. The app reported them as “not connected” and it wouldn’t let me do anything with the devices. I was reluctant to try a factory reset since documentation stated that reset shouldn’t be used as a troubleshooting step, however after an hour on the phone with Sonos Support I was advised to perform a hard reset. Setting them up again was straightforward and all was back to good. 

However, now it has happened again. Suddenly the stereo pair was in a “not connected” state and has been like that for some days, even after multiple restarts. This time I wanted to jump straight to doing a hard reset myself, and I succeeded resetting one of the speakers. However, the other speaker will not reset. All that happens is a solid white LED on top that lights up as soon as the power is switched on and stays on until the power is switched off (with a small delay). 

Are anyone experiencing similar issues? Is there a “harder” way to reset an Era 300 device? 

Update: I phoned Sonos Support and I have to return the speaker (the one that will not reset) and get a new one. 

The support rep tried to convince me it was a network issue (I have Google Nest Pro network), and that even a reset rely on the network where she suspected the root cause was, but I didn’t buy into that and she finally agreed a return was needed.

I wonder if the two occasions with dropout / not connected state for the E300 stereo pair has anything to do with the network though..