Skip to main content
Answered

Era 300 into legacy system

• 30 March 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a couple of Play 1 speakers and a Connect. The connect only works on the S1 version of the app so stuck with that for now. 

I'd like to add an Era300 to my setup but it says its not compatible with the S1 app. Am I screwed or is there a way to retain the connect, add the era and still get them playing together nicely? 

No, you can’t have your S1 only Connect and S2  only Era 300 play together.  You can setup separate S1 and S2 systems, but they would be two separate systems.  You could possibly do some sort of hardwired setup where the output of the Connect is the input for the Era 300, but that really defeats the point.

Note that your play:1s can be setup for either an S1 or S2 system, but obviously not both.

The S1 and S2 systems can be operating simultaneously, however, you will not be able to Group between the two systems and CONNECT’s Line-In will not be available to S2 units.

Unless you want to incorporate a pair of ERA 300’s as surround’s, use CONNECT as input to a 3rd party amplifier or receiver, and the a 300 will be at a convenient physical location, you could add the 300’s USB Line-In adapter and retire the CONNECT.