Era 300 Ethernet/Adapter

• 12 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Soooo.... I just placed my order for two Era 300's, and although I was aware of the lack of an Ethernet port on the speakers, I'm a little peeved that Sonos didn't include an adapter with the speakers - and that they are asking $40/ea for them. Yes, I should probably have expected this from Sonos, but it annoys me just the same. Now I have to shell out another $80+ for the ability to hardwire the speakers.

We all pay a premium for Sonos hardware, and I'm not complaining about that - throw in the dang adapter guys, or let us buy it at cost.

Grrr....

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

One can understand why it is not built in - to allow those that do not need it to not have to pay for it, but the dongle should have been priced very close to cost, that is a fair ask. 

I’m a wired guy too, but there would probably be more complaints if the dongles were included. “Everything is wireless now, isn’t it? why are we paying for this dongle?” It could also revive the competition’s old explosion that SONOS isn’t really wireless.

Not to mention Sonos’ expressed desire to be more ‘green’. Much like Apple no longer including a charger with the iPhone. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Sonos even made the 300’s not use Sonosnet anymore, so they seem to have high hopes for the wifi connection on them. You could try using them via wifi first.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Here: https://www.sonos.com/en-us/shop/sonos-combo-adapter

Sure not going to look as clean as just a thin Ethernet cable going into a jack.

It does include the Line-In function though.