Answered

Era 300

• 14 November 2023
  • 1 reply

My era 300 disconnected from the network recently. Now when I reset to factory setting and try to add it back to the system, it gets all the way to the end of the process with a message along the lines of “speaker is connected but may not show up in Settings/System. If this is the case, unplug the speaker, plug back in and finish connection in the Settings tab.”  I have tried this multiple times - i unplug the speaker, plug it back in and there is nothing to “finish” in Settings. Nothing happens at all and the speaker is not connected. Getting very frustrated.

icon

Best answer by AjTrek1 14 November 2023, 01:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7

Hi

First a word of advice….Never factory reset your Sonos speaker because of a loss of WiFi (network failure). The issue is with your network and that’s where the trouble shooting needs to begin. Furthermore, any information that could have been used in a diagnostic review is loss and therefore Sonos Tech Support has nothing to analyze.

Since you have already reset your speaker did you first get an alternating white/orange flashing LED that eventually flashed green. If not the speaker was not properly reset. Also when setting the speaker up try using a different room name. 

Also what type of network do you have:

• Standard with router and modem
  • Standard with router and modem and extenders *
  • Mesh Network

* This type of network is problematic for Sonos