Skip to main content

I am considering a pair of Era 100s for a kitchen in my AirBNB. They will be in a high location and won’t be easily accessible, but would be permanently plugged in to power. Two questions: a) when plugged in to power, will they still go to sleep?, and b) what will wake them? When they get a music signal from the Sonos app, will they wake? What about a new user pairing on Bluetooth? Is this going to be a problem, because I would need to physically press the button on each unit to wake them? Any advice on their behavior would be appreciated.  

All Sonos devices go into a low power state when they’ve not been used for a while. 

Frankly, though, for the scenario you’ve outlined you’re paying for a lot of features you’ll not be using if you get a Sonos speaker. Why not just get a simple stand-alone Bluetooth speaker rather than something designed for multi-room synchronised play? 

And yes: as clearly explained in the description and FAQ’s for the Era, you need to press the button to Bluetooth pair. 

OK, change of plan. I think I’ll just get a Sonos 5 and leave it accessible. This will be easier. Thank you!