Answered

Era 100 Line-In and Airplay2

• 10 October 2023
  • 1 reply

I would like to connect my turntable using line-in adapter in the ERA 100. But I would also like to use the same ERA100  as an Airplay2 device. Do I have to unplug the line-in adapter from the ERA 100 in order to be able play music from my iPhone (Apple Music)? Or how do I chose the source? Of course I can´t play  simultaneously music from the  turntable and the Apple device. I´m a  new Sonos user or will be in the near future.

Also I would like to know the difference between using ERA 100 line-in port and Sonos Port device when connecting a turntable. If I´m going to use the Sonos Port then I can place the loudspeakers more freely in the room? The turntable and the Port can be situated in a separate room (using wi-fi connection)?

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 10 October 2023, 16:13

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

No, you won’t have to physically disconnect the line in for turntable to use airplay or any other source.  The Sonos app has a tab where you you can select which source you want to play from.  You can set it up so that your speaker will automatically play from the line in source when it senses audio, if you wish.

There is no difference in audio quality using the line in via Era 100 or Port.  The reason to chose a Port is if you have a 3rd party amp/receiver you want to send Sonos audio to, or for physical location as you mentioned.