Skip to main content
Question

Era 100 failing to set up

• 22 July 2024
  • 1 reply

I need help. I bought 3 new Era 100 speakers for an office we just bought and can not get them to pair on either band of wifi. I’ve tried the delete app, reset speaker and all sorts of combos and nothing works.

When I brought them home and tried to add them to my home system, they paired immediately and needed to do an update. I had read this could be a thing and then could work so we then took it back to the office, reset it, but it still failed to set up. Why is this not work? I have other devices like Wyze on the wifi no problem.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

Hi @andyra, welcome to the Sonos Community!

Since you can setup the products at home just fine, it’s likely the network your office is using has restrictions in place that are preventing you from adding your Era 100s. This can range from a few different things, such as the network having client isolation, the use of different subnets, a login/guest system, etc. 

It’s worth checking our system requirements to confirm your office network meets these, but it’s likely that you’ll need to get in touch with whoever manages the office network to have them whitelist or allow the speakers. If you manage the network, then I’d recommend contacting our support team as they’ll be able to remotely connect to your system and help you make any necessary changes.

I hope this helps!