Skip to main content

I just got the Era 100 and i’ve connected it to my spotify. I’ve been playing around with the EQ but there is no audible difference at all even at extreme settings e.g. minimum treble, maximum bass and vice versa. 

Am i doing something wrong? I usually prefer to lower the bass a little. 

Did you add your Spotify account as a service to the Sonos app and then play the music using the Sonos app? Or are you using the Spotify app and Airplaying (or equivalent) to a Sonos speaker?

Did you add your Spotify account as a service to the Sonos app and then play the music using the Sonos app? Or are you using the Spotify app and Airplaying (or equivalent) to a Sonos speaker?

Why should this make any difference? The equalizer settings are stored in the firmware and should work regardless of the sound source or transport.

Sure, that should be the case. But I am looking at getting info to ascertain where the issue might be in the chain. Thank you for your question.

@xnlong001  - a key thing perhaps is have you tried turning the Era 100 off at the wall and force closing the app, then turning it back on again and re-opening the app?

I’ve tried both playing spotify through the Sonos app, and playing it from the spotify app directly (though playing from it spotify app itself seems more user friendly to me so far). The EQ didn’t work. 

i will try turning off everything and rebooting everything tomorrow.