Skip to main content

I am considering an Era 100 pair for my turntable and to use as surrounds for Beam.

A little background on my Sonos system: the turntable; is a Victrola stream Onix currently connected to my Sonos system via Wi-Fi. Each beam is a different room I can use to listen to records. Beam Gen 1 is the BR soundbar, Gen 2 is the LR soundbar. Yes, each Beam has a subwoofer too; a sub-mini in BR and Sub Gen-3 in LR.

Era 100 question: can these speakers be used as a stereo pair for a turntable when listening to records for better stereo separation; and switch to rear surrounds with Beam Gen 2 when watching a movie easily? 

I also would like to use the Era 100’s Bluetooth to connect a PC, Phone, or tablet to my Sonos system. However, I read or saw if you set the Era 100s as surrounds Bluetooth and maybe line-in is lost as an option. 

I think I would need to add the Era pair as a room for listening to records on the Victrola stream. I think this option lets Era’s Bluetooth stay available however I think using this option means surrounds on beam Gen 2 will not be available.

If I used the Victrola streams RCA outputs to an RCA to 3.5 MM male adapter and the correct Sonos adaptor for Era 100’s line-in; would that disable Bluetooth on the Era 100 pair? And Could I still use the Era 100s as surrounds? 

Any insight is appreciated. Thank you.

Any Sonos soundbar creates a dedicated one-way link to its connected surrounds so you can’t send anything from surround to soundbar. 
There’s no simple switch to disconnect surrounds and set them up as a stereo-paired room. Nor to switch them back. 

As above, everyone I have seen that planned on swapping surrounds in and out of a home theater set has decided it was far too much aggravation. Extra if you use Trueplay as it also must be redone.

I’d consider adding a pair of 100s or if you like Atmos 300s as a first choice, maybe a mini-sub to go along with that. Another option would be a Sonos Five or a pair, but that has less connectivity options.