Answered

Downgrade Play:1

• 13 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Dear all, 

I have 2 identical Play:1 speakers. They both got upgrade to S2. As they were not compliant to our overall Sonos System, we need to downgrade them. Followed the exact process as shared by Sonos. 1 unit downgraded successfully but 1 unit keeps on giving ‘downgrade unsuccessful’ message. Any advice on what to do in addition to the documented process of reset and more options on S2 app would be highly appreciated. 

Thanks in advance. 

R

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 13 November 2023, 16:14

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Hmmm, it worked on one of them, but not the other? I’d suspect something odd in the firmware. You’ve power cycled the device, I’m assuming, so I think in this case you need to run the S2 controller, so the device is showing up, then submit a system diagnostic, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and network.