Answered

Dolby Atmos with Era 300

• 31 January 2024
  • 5 replies

• Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hey, during a Sonos S2 app upgrade, the Dolby Atmos logo is lost in the app with previously spatial audio songs on Apple Music, even Sonos Spatial Audio list misses it. It worked beautifully earlier. Is it broken or is the logo just omitted in the app?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 31 January 2024, 21:40

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Try unplugging the Era 300 from power for a couple of minutes and reboot your phone. Also make sure the Spatial Music setting is enabled in the Sonos app. Then test the song “Staircase” by Steven Wilson.

Thanks, it helped! However, when I play with both Era 300 + Port, Dolby Atmos is not available. Too bad, might this be an issue or a feature? Had not noticed this earlier.

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Thanks, it helped! However, when I play with both Era 300 + Port, Dolby Atmos is not available. Too bad, might this be an issue or a feature? Had not noticed this earlier.

I don’t think Port supports Atmos, so when you group it in with the Eras it reverts down to stereo. 

Thanks, I assumed that with music only the Era 300 would play Dolby Atmos and the Port stereo stream. That would be a nice feature, I hope it is added in the future.

Apparently the same would happen with Era 100s as well, surprising tbh.

Thanks for all the replies!

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Went to look at the Era 100 docs, seems copy-paste is disabled there so I grabbed a screenshot.