Answered

Dolby Atmos dropping in the middle of playing songs (era 300 + Apple music)

• 26 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1

Hello

I've been using Apple Music with my era 300 and it's been nothing but glorious until a few weeks ago. 

While playing a song in Dolby Atmos, I can audibly notice that my speaker randomly switches to the stereo version of the song. It happens very regularly (every 2-3 songs) and it's extremely jarring. 

I had 3 months with Amazon music before and never encountered any issue.

Everything is up to date and I haven't modified my internet connection/parameters. Has anyone encountered a similar issue?

icon

Best answer by Sotiris C. 27 February 2024, 11:51

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

Hey @zakatana, welcome back!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues listening to Dolby Atmos songs from Apple Music on your Sonos Era 300.

I had a look in our database and I wasn’t able to find any information regarding the problem you are currently facing.

Just to better understand the issue:

• Does it occur with Amazon Music or is it just Apple Music?
  • Is it always specific tracks that cause the issue or is it random?
  • Does the Sonos App show the proper format on the “Now Playing" screen when the switching happens?

Since this issue is appearing every couple of songs, which is quite often, I would suggest to Submit Diagnostics within 10 minutes of the switch to stereo occurring and reach out to our Support team for some live troubleshooting.

They have tools at their disposal to provide you with advice and information specific to your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Userlevel 1

Hey @zakatana, welcome back!

I am sorry to hear you are having issues listening to Dolby Atmos songs from Apple Music on your Sonos Era 300.

I had a look in our database and I wasn’t able to find any information regarding the problem you are currently facing.

Just to better understand the issue:

• Does it occur with Amazon Music or is it just Apple Music?
  • Is it always specific tracks that cause the issue or is it random?
  • Does the Sonos App show the proper format on the “Now Playing" screen when the switching happens?

Since this issue is appearing every couple of songs, which is quite often, I would suggest to Submit Diagnostics within 10 minutes of the switch to stereo occurring and reach out to our Support team for some live troubleshooting.

They have tools at their disposal to provide you with advice and information specific to your system and what it reports.

I hope this helps.

Thanks a lot for answering.

it started happening recently (2 weeks ago, more or less) so I only experienced it with Apple Music.
It happens at random; If I manually skip the song, the next song is played properly in Atmos.
When the switch happens, I can see the logo of dolby atmos disappearing from the screen.

I will follow your advice and submit a diagnostic next time.​​​​​​​

This happens to me too. Apple Music. And it does show the correct info on Now Playing screen as well. 

you can hear it when it changes. Not sure if it’s a bandwidth issue or not, I don’t usually have issues with my Sufi, but have noticed  the Era 300 also skip a half second it s.