Skip to main content
Question

Disabling WiFi - it re-enables 30 seconds later

• 2 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Using the latest app if I try and disable WiFi on any player it comes up with an error on the app saying it failed, the player does actually turn of WiFi but then 30 seconds later it turns it back on again. You can see when it does it by the white flashing light as it changes.

All players are hard wired, doesn’t seem to matter what player it is they all do the same thing.

All I want to do is disable any chance of WiFi bridging occurring (disable SonosNet). My only option right now seems to be forcing all players to be WiFi direct. Seems silly as there is a cable at each location.

Is there something I can do to make the WiFi stay disabled?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Same problem. It only ever disables properly from the old app. I just accidentally updated my old app on my old iPad and now I can’t do it on my new Arc.

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

new app update came out today. still can’t disable wifi. 

also, old app doesn’t let you edit your system anymore. I was able to get the old app installed and it can’t make changes anymore.

sonos engineering team really stinks. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

seems to be fixed for me now as of App version 80.03.06 (iOS)