Answered

Desk stands for pair of Fives

• 17 November 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi,

I will be getting a second Five to create a stereo pair with my existing one and am looking for a couple of desk stands that would work with both speakers in the vertical position. Nearly all the ones I can see online are either floor stands or for use with the speaker in the horizontal position. 

Does anyone else also have their Fives set up vertically and use stands?

Many thanks for your help,

Joe

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 17 November 2023, 16:44

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Desk stands? Is it not sufficient just to stand the Fives vertically on the desk itself?

Must be a big desk… I’ll not shout about my two Roams paired on my desk from now on.

Badge +1

It’s not a desk, it’s an alcove unit, but I just wanted to differentiate between a floor stand and what I’m after.

The unit has my turntable on it and a small (micro) hi-fi to play CD’s. I want the speakers to be raised so that they have a clear path into the room rather than having another piece of equipment partially in front of them.

I could only find these (below), probably not ideal, as they’re more for Horizontal orientation… but could you perhaps use wall mounts instead, if they’re in an alcove, or just a couple of suitably sized monitor stands?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexson-Desk-Stand-SONOS-PLAY/dp/B01H20M4MW

I’ve never seen ‘desk stands’ for a Five, but I’ve never bothered to google for them, either. Just floor stands. 

Badge +1

I could only find these (below), probably not ideal, as they’re more for Horizontal orientation… but could you perhaps use wall mounts instead, if they’re in an alcove, or just a couple of suitably sized monitor stands?

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Flexson-Desk-Stand-SONOS-PLAY/dp/B01H20M4MW

Actually, that’s a good suggestion. If I search for monitor stands instead, I get a number of options that are more suitable for what I’m after. Thanks Ken.