Answered

connectivity

• 14 December 2023
  • 2 replies

I recently added an Era 100 and an Era 300 to my system. It seems every day I need to reset them in order to see them on the app again. I have a port and 2 beams with no problems.

Everything is on the 2.5GHz band other than the Era 300. It’s is on the 5G. Could this be a problem?

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 14 December 2023, 03:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Unlikely, unless there is a setting in your router that doesn’t allow communication between the two bands. But then you’d lose one of them, not both. This seems much more like a duplicate IP address issue. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, then reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to reload, then plug back in your Sonos devices.

If this indeed ‘fixes’ your issue, I’d recommend looking at the router’s manual on how to set up reserved IP addresses for your Sonos. Any router that has gotten into this state once could easily do it again. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Your router is likely too stupid to handle multiple frequencies correctly. Try disabling 5GHz on your router, temporarily, and see if that fixes it. If it does, upgrade your router.