Answered

Connection to Sonos 1 and 3 to Wifi - sometimes there, sometimes not

• 4 March 2023
  • 3 replies

I can connect to the Wifi, both sonos 1 and 3, however, next time I want to play music, the app tells me, that the phone is not on the same Wifi.

(When I just tried to look for the error message, the system is connected) In other words - sometimes there is a connection, sometimes there is not, and I have to reconnect using the reconnect to new Wifi procedure. But if I wait for a couple of days, the connection is just back.

Whats the issue here….something with changing IPs?

I have no issues connecting any other device to the Wifi

icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 4 March 2023, 08:18

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Certainly possible it could be duplicate IP addresses. Try unplugging all Sonos devices from power, and reboot your router. Give the router a couple of minutes to recover, then plug back in your Sonos, and see if you can reproduce the issue. 

If it has resolved, I’d look in to setting up reserved iP addresses for your Sonos devices in your router. Instructions should be in your router’s manual. 

is reserved IP the same as linked ?

The funny thing is, that I have an older phone where I also have the Sonos app and I dont have issues with that app. Whats the difference between Sonos ZP and Sonos Inc?

is reserved IP the same as linked ?

The funny thing is, that I have an older phone where I also have the Sonos app and I dont have issues with that app. Whats the difference between Sonos ZP and Sonos Inc?

I may have a language problem. I’m not sure what “linked” or “Sonos Inc” mean in this context.

What model router are you using? Can you wire a SONOS unit to your router?