Skip to main content

With so many users having issues with the new app finding their speakers on their network, I am wondering if they have a common issue with their network? 

I would like to see how many users with problems have a similar type of network that may be a part of the issue. Sonos does have the means to test things before they release it. The messed up here, but what if, and it could be a big if, a simple network issue is actually causing it.

So I would like to see which types of networks have the most issues:

I use Unifi, with half my speakers hardwired to my network. Gateway, switch and AP. No mesh. No wireless speakers:

Arc + Sub + Ones LR RR, 2-Fives, Connect S15, Amp, and another single One.

All the bold devices are hardwired and I have had no issues with the update. the volume control was sloe o respond at first, but its fine now. I have no problem grouping.

Went to a friends house with a Playbar and a couple Fives. Connected to his system with no issues. Spent four hours there and not one instance where I was not able to connect.

When I got back home, it reconnected to my system without any issue.

Sounds like my problem with UNIFI and SONOS atm. Any improvements?

Have a look at this one 

Sounds like my problem with UNIFI and SONOS atm. Any improvements?

Have a look at this one 

I have all the settings correct, except I now use RSTP instead of STP. Its faster and works flawlessly for me.

I know this can be far fetched, but I'm now wondering if users who are having issues, have a VPN app running on their phones while trying to connect to their systems? I know many people use VPN for different reasons. So could that be an issue?

Please give me the old app back!  My system is broken and/or unstable.  How could you release a update without extensive testing!?!  This debacle must have been predicable.

With so many users having issues with the new app finding their speakers on their network, I am wondering if they have a common issue with their network? 

I would like to see how many users with problems have a similar type of network that may be a part of the issue. Sonos does have the means to test things before they release it. The messed up here, but what if, and it could be a big if, a simple network issue is actually causing it.

So I would like to see which types of networks have the most issues:

I use Unifi, with half my speakers hardwired to my network. Gateway, switch and AP. No mesh. No wireless speakers:

Arc + Sub + Ones LR RR, 2-Fives, Connect S15, Amp, and another single One.

All the bold devices are hardwired and I have had no issues with the update. the volume control was sloe o respond at first, but its fine now. I have no problem grouping.

Went to a friends house with a Playbar and a couple Fives. Connected to his system with no issues. Spent four hours there and not one instance where I was not able to connect.

When I got back home, it reconnected to my system without any issue.

I am experiencing constant connectivity issues since this new (useless) app came out. Sometimes the app doesn’t see the network while often, some speakers just stop playing.

I use Unifi, Amp (hardwired), 4 Play 1s, 2 Play 3s, running off the Sonos Network.  It has become completely unreliable and 100% frustration. 

I am not experiencing connectivity issues, all WiFi UniFi APs, no Sonos wired Sonos devices, wireless WM:1 config, iOS private W-Fi Address disabled on my own network. If you have a good WiFi network, I see no reason to hardwire, and nor does Sonos, as they don’t have ethernet in new products.

Also experienced the grouping volume freezing/sluggish issue, but is better (not perfect) in the latest 80.01.11 iOS App update.