Skip to main content

Had my Sonos move wireless for 10 months and in the last few weeks it’s started cutting out frequently during songs. I use Spotify and through the Amazon Alexa connection. Also found it always cuts out for the timer alarm

Is it possible a neighbour has changed their wifi, or that you or they have some new kit that’s causing interference?

Before anyone starts offering suggestions: have you taken any steps to try to identify the cause?

@Myler1994,
I would detail the network you are using - I have two Moves that are mainly used at Home/Garden and often take one with us when in the camper van and I can’t recall them ever dropping their WiFi connection. Have you tried switching them to a different WiFi band and/or channel?

As an example, if you presently have the speaker up and running on your 5Ghz WiFi band, then perhaps try it on the more penetrating 2.4Ghz band instead and set that band to use non-overlapping channel 1, 6 or 11. If your router configuration pages allow, you could even reduce the potential for WiFi interference by setting the 2.4Ghz bands channel-width to 20Mhz only. 

If you’re not sure how to do those things then maybe check your router user manual, or YouTube videos for the particular router you are using.

You also may find that reserving your Sonos IP addresses in the routers DHCP reservation table, to ensure they alway get the same network address, might also prove to be helpful, but that is entirely optional.

I hope those few suggestions assist.