Answered

Connecting an Echo Dot to a Five via Line-In…

• 1 July 2023
  • 4 replies

…would send Alexa response audio out through the Five - true or false?!

I’ve googled this a bit and can see people suggest that it should, but I’ve just tried and hear nothing from the Five. 

Is this possible or have I misunderstood?

If it is possible, aside from trying a different cable (that I know to have been working about a month ago) what troubleshooting steps can I take?

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 1 July 2023, 03:19

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Yes, this will work. I used to have an Echo Dot set up this way.

Under the Line-in settings in the Sonos app, try setting the Autoplay room to the room associated with the Five. You can also set the Source Level higher if Alexa isn’t loud enough.

I thought that would be it, but I don’t see the Five in the Alexa app. I tried to add it and it didn’t find it. 

I see my others (Arc, Move, One and Roam)  

is there a step-by-step guide for setting this up?

Userlevel 7

I thought that would be it, but I don’t see the Five in the Alexa app. I tried to add it and it didn’t find it. 

I see my others (Arc, Move, One and Roam)  

is there a step-by-step guide for setting this up?

Have you set up the Five in the Sonos app yet? If you have successfully set up the Five in the Sonos app, you just need to connect the Echo Dot to the Five’s line-in using a 3.5mm to 3.5mm audio cable. Then under the Five’s Line-In settings in the SONOS APP, set the Autoplay room to the room associated with the Five. 

This is how you add a device in the Alexa app:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G3RKPNRKF33ECTW7

The auto play settings were what I was missing. Thank you! Volume is a bit low but otherwise working how I wanted.