Connect two sonos one sl to Nvidia Shield as stereo speakers for TV/projector

• 23 November 2023
  • 5 replies

I’ve got two Sonos one SL’s and have paired them as a stereo device.

Now I want to use them as stereo speakers while I watch movies on my projector.

I bought the Nvidia shield because I thought it could handle it based on what I had read online, but I can’t figure it out.

Is it even possible? What else do I need to make this work? I rather not buy a soundbar, as I am trying to make this a minimal setup in the bedroom.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

The only units capable of playing a TV signal are the soundbars and Amp.  A sort of hacky way of doing it is to use your NVIDEA or TV’s Bluetooth out to a Bluetooth capable Sonos (Move, Roam or Era 100/300).  But there is no guarantee of perfect sync using Bluetooth.

Userlevel 7

Return the Shield and get an Apple TV 4K. Then use AirPlay to send audio from the Apple TV to the One SLs.

Return the Shield and get an Apple TV 4K. Then use AirPlay to send audio from the Apple TV to the One SLs.

So I can watch Netflix etc. on the Apple TV and stream Stereo sound to my Sonos One SL’s? No need for a soundbar?

It is a real bummer that the Apple TV has no USB though.

Userlevel 7

So I can watch Netflix etc. on the Apple TV and stream Stereo sound to my Sonos One SL’s?

Yes.

Ok thanks, I’ll give it a shot