Answered

Comcast router issues

• 6 January 2024
  • 6 replies

I recently upgraded my Comcast router.  Sonos no longer works.  Sonos app says I need to split my router signal.  Question.  Is this need to split particular to older models or is it an issue for all products?  Also, does splitting my signal slow or weaken my WiFi, in general?

icon

Best answer by buzz 6 January 2024, 21:35

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Which SONOS products are in your system? Are any SONOS units wired to your network?

I have a Beam S14 and two Sonos Play 1.  

They are not hard wired. 

Don’t Factory Reset any of the SONOS units without further consult.

The easiest procedure when replacing a Gateway is to power down everything on the network before installing the new Gateway. Give the new Gateway the same SSID (WiFi name) and password as were used on the OLD Gateway. Now, power up the network clients.

Here are some instructions to help work through this. The easiest approach will be to install the old WiFi SSID and password into the Gateway, but this will affect any other devices using WiFi and they may need their WiFi credentials updated. Another approach would be to temporarily wire BEAM to the Gateway, then use this procedure to install install the new WiFi credentials. You can remove the old WiFi credentials at this time. After the new credentials are active you can remove the wired connection.

Thanks!  Main issue is that Comcast required me to set up the new Gateway with a new password.   The old password had a space in it.  The new Comcast protocol wouldn’t allow it.  So same password without a space.   

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Wire one Sonos, make the password change.

Let it sit and update the other Sonos for a few minutes.

Unwire the one you wired and see if things now work.