Skip to main content
Answered

Circuit breaker tripped.

I have five Play:1 speakers, 2 Play:5, 1 Beam, and 1 Sub. A circuit shorted and tripped the circuit breaker (CB) in the electric panel. A Play:1 and Sub were connected the circuit. After correcting the problem I reset the CB, returned to the room and P:1 and Sub were off, I cannot get them to restart. Does Sonos equipment have internal fuses? Is there a restart protocol that I am missing?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

No, Sonos doesn’t have internal fuses. You may want to try other wall sockets, but there’s always the possibility that whatever flipped the circuit breaker may have also fried your devices. 

Have you tried rebooting the units? Are you sure that the outlets are active with the correct voltage? Are any SONOS status lights active?

From the information given we don’t know much about why the circuit breaker tripped. It’s possible that there was a very high voltage spike during the trip event that damaged the units.

There are no user replaceable fuses in SONOS units.