Skip to main content

Hello!

I've reset all of my speakers due to intermittent connectivity issues.

3 of 6 speakers won't connect to Sonos 1 app  - Play 5 and 2, Play 1s.

Each speaker plays the chime and  each speaker flashes orange.

Suggestions of how to resolve this would be very welcome.

Thank you 

The speakers status LED should be flashing green, prior to setup. If they are flashing orange they may have a hardware fault - what is it that you are seeing, post reset?

Have any of the devices ever been used within an S2 Sonos system?

Hi @claudle 

Welcome to the Sonos Community!

@Ken_Griffiths is correct, but please also note that a successfully reset and flashing green unit will flash red (often confused for orange) after 30 minutes, if not added to a system. Reboot the unit to get it to flash green again, so it’s ready for setup once more.

I think you might mean that the unit flashes orange when you press the button to join it to the system, however. If the app does not react when you do this, then communication between the app and speaker is blocked at some (but not all) levels. I recommend a reboot of your router in this case - switch it off for at least 30 seconds.

Trying again with the speakers in question in a different location may also help - I’m afraid there no reason to expect a reset of the speakers to solve environmental problems, so the initial issue very likely remains. Your neighbour might have upgraded their WiFi, for example, increasing the amount of interference affecting your WiFi reception. If these steps do not fix the problem, I recommend you get in touch with our technical support team, who have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your Sonos system and what it reports about the environment and failed attempts at setup.

I highly recommend that you (or anyone reading this) do not reset Sonos products unless we request that you do so, or if you are selling/gifting a unit - only rarely does it help anything, and basically doesn’t ever help with intermittent connection issues. It does make it harder to recover missing rooms when there are connection issues, however, as you have discovered. 

I hope this helps.

Many thanks everyone, for the helpful advice,

Issue now solved via resetting the system, renaming the speaker positions, jiggling things and avoiding using a hammer. 😅

I am appreciative.