Answered

cd player, record player and tv

• 28 May 2023
  • 5 replies

Hi experts

I have an old denon cd and tape player (m35) a turntable (with preamp) and a new samsung tv. If i get a beam for the tv and a port for for the cd and turntable, can i use a pair of one speakers to go with both (ie beam and port) alternately, depending on whethet I'm using the tv or audio. Sorry if this question is silly.

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 29 May 2023, 16:29

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

If you add a pair of Ones as surrounds to the Beam, when you play the line-in audio from the Port, it will play to both the Beam AND Ones at the same time. If you want to play the line-in audio to only the pair of Ones, they must be removed from the Beam as surrounds first in the Sonos app.

Thanks GS, and with the Ones I can avoid delay in sound watching the tv, is that right?

Userlevel 7

Thanks GS, and with the Ones I can avoid delay in sound watching the tv, is that right?

If the Ones are bonded to the Beam as surrounds, they will play the surround channels from the audio source and have no delay. But if you group the Ones with the Beam, you will probably experience a delay from the Ones when playing TV audio.

Thanks again. Can i determine through the app whether speakers are bonded or grouped?

But more broadly, if I have a tv, turntable and cd player together how can i hear all thru sonos without having several speakers doing diff things, and withiut tv delay? Generallly the speakers that seem to go with cd/turntable (era, five) also come with tv delay, it seems.

Userlevel 7

To add (bond) speakers as surrounds, follow these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/add-surround-speakers-to-a-sonos-home-theater

To group speakers, follow these instructions:

https://support.sonos.com/en-us/article/group-and-ungroup-rooms

The best solution is to add (bond) the Ones as surrounds to the Beam. This will create a 5.0 home theater setup. When you play the line-in audio from the Port, the music will play in sync out of the Beam and Ones.

TIP: Set the Music Playback setting to FULL under the Surround Audio settings in the Sonos app to get full stereo playback out of both the Beam and Ones when playing music.