Question

cant connect sonos one to my existing system

• 10 May 2024
  • 8 replies

I am trying to connect a used Sonos one to my Sonos system

I can see it on the app (I have the new just released 2024 app) and it makes all the right noises and everything works even assigning the speaker to a room until registering when it says:

There was a problem adding your Sonos One to your system. Try again later

Sonos one is not registered

I’ve rebooted the Sonos one, rebooted the router, turned my iPhone on and off, then factory reset the Sonos one and even connected with an Ethernet cable to the router but it always stalls at the same point - it takes an age ‘Linking your Sonos one to your account’ then always the same result: There was a problem adding your Sonos One to your system. Try again later

Very much appreciate any help

8 replies

This is exact problem I’m having. It was linked, but after the update, i switched internet carriers to star link. Now i can’t get it back on the system. 

Did manage to find a fix? 

trying to get help from Sonos takes you of a big loop 

I have the very same issue ):

Trying to get help directly from Sonos to fix but they seem very busy ):

Here the fix from Sonos chat

Alright. Let's do the following then : Go back to home screen > tap on profile icon from the top > App preferences > Reset app. Once the app is reset unplug the speaker from power for 20 seconds then plug it back to perform a reboot of the unit and refresh it's connection. Once that is done tap on the Join existing system option from the Sonos app. Let me know if you are able to see the unit after that and working or if you can tap on a Fix it message or the room name. The app should prompt you for some steps to finish the registration.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Not sure if this is related:

The workaround that Jon_R shared worked perfectly!!! Looks like there’s an issue with the newly released Sonos app… so I followed the instructions to transfer ownership of the system to myself and it worked in about 60 seconds!! Thanks Jon_R :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

No problem, credit to the poster of the link though @PotemkinMcNasty 

I was seeing the same error.

I found a logout and logging in again helped.