Skip to main content
Question

Cannot switch Sonos One SL to Wifi

Hello- 

I got a new router and as a result have a new network name and password. I did a factory reset in my Sonos One SL and tried to reconfigure it to the new WiFi network. I was able to get through the setup process and was told it was “connected” but then the app showed “no devices available”.

I then tried doing the setup via Ethernet and that was successful. I am currently listening to it. However, I want to get it on my WiFi network. In the iOS app, I went to Manage > Network > Manage Networks > Update Networks and got the following message: “No products found. Make sure you’re standing near the product and that your battery powered products are on and awake.”

I am about 2 feet from the speaker.

any advice would be appreciated!

3 replies

edit sorry read that as a p1 not one sl. Deleted as not applicable 

Factory reset most often doesn’t solve any problems, it, at best, masks them, if it works, and they return. 

It sounds like (no pun intended) you may have a corrupt load of the OS on the device, I’d start by unplugging it from the wall for two minutes, then plug it back in, and let it reboot before testing by doing the ‘change networks’ process, and removing the Ethernet cable. And the simple fact is, sometimes, at least in the past, the device could ‘hang up’ when switching modes, so a reboot makes some sense, and at the least, won’t hurt. 

However, if that doesn’t resolve the issue, I’d recommend that you submit a system diagnostic within 10 minutes of experiencing this problem, and call Sonos Support to discuss it.

There may be information included in the diagnostic that will help Sonos pinpoint the issue and help you find a solution.

When you speak directly to the phone folks, they have tools at their disposal that will allow them to give you advice specific to your network and Sonos system.

Oh, one more thing. Double check that the radio / WiFi is turned on on that Sonos One, and it may not hurt to switch that setting off and on a couple of times.